Monday, January 23, 2012

Tasty Tuesday--Fluffy Pancakes

Sunday morning was a pancake kind of morning. Tired (maybe a little hungover?) from the night before, cold and dreary out, and there was no bacon in the house. And I was NOT going to the store to get some, either. Luckily, I had everything needed to make these yummy pancakes.

This pancake batter is my go-to. It makes perfectly fluffy pancakes every time. I don't even remember where I first found it, but I'm glad I did!


Fluffy Pancakes
Dry Ingredients
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 tablespoons baking powder
Wet Ingredients
1 large egg
2 cups minus 1 tablespoon reduced fat milk
2 tablespoons melted butter, slightly cooled
1 tablespoon high quality vanilla extract

In a large bowl, mix dry ingredients with fork, set aside. In a separate bowl, beat egg and add milk, vanilla, and butter and mix well. Make a well in the center of the dry mix. Slowly pour the wet mix into the well, gently mixing as pouring with a fork. DO NOT OVER MIX. Batter should be thick and lumpy. Heat two skillets over medium heat for 4 minutes. Add oil and brush to coat (or use nonstick spray). Drop batter by 1/4 cups, cook for about 2 minutes--until bubbly. Flip and cook for about 1 minute more. 

I sprinkled blueberries on my pancakes as they cooked.
I like to keep my pancakes on an oven proof dish on warm in the oven while I make the rest. Also, I sprayed the pan in between each batch to ensure that they didn't stick.

2 comments:

  1. Yummm!! I always enjoy a good pancake. My favorite is when blueberries are added. ;)

    ReplyDelete