Sunday, January 22, 2012

birdie got her hair did, and we went bowling

Birdie had to go to the groomer this weekend, or as I like to call it, the doggie salon. As much as we love her messy curly locks, they had gotten too matted and impossible to brush. 

Here's my precious daughter a few weeks ago with my scarf.
I mean, seriously, cutest dog in the world.


Keep reading for the after picture....


While Birdie was getting her hair did, Andy and I enjoyed a day in Mt. Pleasant.

We went to Barnes and Noble first. I could spend hours in Barnes and Noble...especially in the children's section. I love children's literature!

I got this book for me
 this one for Lucy

and this one for my class
I'm reading the book Bud, Not Buddy to them right now and they LOVE it, as do I.  Deza Malone is a character in
Bud, Not Buddy.

We had lunch at P.F. Changs...yum.
lettuce wraps and spring rolls

egg drop soup

we walked on the beach on Sullivan's Island for 0.2 seconds. it was cooold and windy.



The house we *think* Reese Witherspoon used to own when she lived on Sullivan's.


We stopped at Vickery's on Shem Creek for a drink.
my muy deliciouso margarita

And then it was time to pick up the Birdster...




Here's the reveal.

Meet our new dog, Daphne.


Later, we took our Daphne to Megan and Cameron's for some cornhole 
megan and cameron

emily and david

Which then turned into bowling...
Then "Cosmic Bowling/Dance-off Bowling"


Today we're ending the weekend celebrating my daddy-o's birthday. Can't wait to spend time with family and eat some of my momma's famous chili!

Hope you all had a wonderful weekend!

4 comments:

  1. Lovely photos. What kind of camera do you use?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Art of Racing in the Rain is one of my favorite books!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've had that book on my "to-read" list! Let me know how it is! And ps - I'm borrowing some of your pics for my weekend recap. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I barely recognized your dog! Looks like a fabulous weekend....and I loooove PF changs...I need to go soon I haven't gone in awhile!

    ReplyDelete