Friday, January 27, 2012

Five {Seven} Song Friday--All About Etta

I'm a huge fan of Etta James and am so saddened by the passing of a true legend. She was incredible.
The best, in my opinion.

My brother, a fellow music lover, asked if I was going to do an Etta James tribute. To be honest with you, I hadn't even thought of it. But what a better way to tribute Etta than to share with you some of my favorite Etta James songs.

Hope you enjoy!

1.  Sunday Kind of Love

2.  All I Could Do Was Cry

3.  If I Can't Have You
(with Harvey Fuqua)

4.  Something's Got a Hold on Me
This version is live and amazing. Gives me goosebumps!

5.  Stormy Weather

6.  Spoonful
(with Harvey Fuqua)

7.  At Last
(the one everybody knows)


What is your favorite Etta james song?

2 comments:

  1. I'd Rather Go Blind, or maybe her version of Jealous Kind.

    ReplyDelete