Sunday, April 8, 2012

Spring Break Recap

Let's skip straight to Monday (Saturday and Sunday were pretty lame)

Monday...

Masters 
andy caught me with my mouth full

Tuesday...

Supper Club (finally...it's been my turn since November. Slacker?)

I made these shrimp skewers (from one of my first "tasty tuesday" posts ever), mini tomato pies, salad, and the second strawberry lemon yogurt cake.

these little guys were tasty. stay tuned for the recipe!

Wednesday...

Kayla came in town and we made a trip to Trader Joe's. She is very serious about her Trader Joe's shopping, as you can see from the picture below.


And we went to dinner at Wild Olive where I had the best meal of my life. I've been there before, but now I will never order anything other than these two items.
I didn't take pictures, but found these on the Wild Olive's facebook page

Appetizer: risotto fritters stuffed with sausage and mozzarella and served with tomato remoulade.
creamy deliciousness in the making.

Entree: seared scallops with potato gnocchi and truffled vegetables. I have never tasted something so good.


Thursday...

My favorite day of Spring Break. We took the doggies to the beach. Kiawah Island is the only place left that allows dogs off the leash in a certain area. They had a BLAST!

All of these pictures are courtesy of Kayla's photography skills. She's started a pet photography business, so contact her if you're interested! It's called Goodness Infinity Paw Prints. A link to her blog is above.

Is that Birdie, or Jerry Garcia? 
best friends--Birdie and Oatmeal


Checkin' out the ladies on the beach.

And our "after beach" snacks and mimosas on the back porch.

Friday...

We'll call his "The Day of Lucy"

Very excited to be back at the Children's Museum

driving the fire truck

checking out the herb garden

lucy's face when we walked in the door of Cupcake


Later that night, I met up with my BFF Katie for dinner at our favorite Greek restaurant in Summerville, Continental Corner.

Saturday...

Lucy met the Easter Bunny on Isle of Palms


Sunday...

Enjoyed a wonderful Easter Sunday service with my parents, and a yummy brunch afterwards. 
Lucy played peek-a-boo with her Uncle Andy at brunch.

And I finished the week watching Bubba Watson win the Masters (woo hoo!) with Andy, and now we're about to head to our usual Sunday spot, Zia.

And, I'm NOT ready for school tomorrow. It's going to be a wing-it/review day. Love those kind of days!

2 comments:

  1. I looooove Wild Olive. Lucy is so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That meal at Wild Olive sounds amazing! Glad we got to meet up at Zia last night!

    ReplyDelete