Sunday, September 18, 2011

Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal


This is a modified version of a recipe that I found on pinterest. 
The weather here this weekend has been so fall-ish. And fall is my FAVORITE. I love everything about it... 
pumpkin spice candles, fall leaves, boots, sweaters, pumpkin lattes, pumpkin bars, pumpkin bread, and so on.
So when I saw this recipe on pinterest, and woke up to a "chilly" morning, I decided to whip this up for me and the hubs.

Like I said, I first found the recipe on pinterest, but I made a few small changes.
This makes 2 servings.

1 1/2 cups water
1/2 cup steel-cut oatmeal (or the regular stuff)
1/2 cup pumpkin puree
1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
maple syrup to taste
pecans

Bring the water to a boil. Add the oatmeal and lower heat to low. Simmer for 5-7 minutes, or until water is absorbed.
When oatmeal is *almost* done (just a little water remaining), add the pumpkin puree and pumpkin pie spice, stirring to combine.
Serve with maple syrup and pecans.

2 comments:

  1. I saw when you pinned this and got really excited. Was it just ok or pretty awesome?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was pretty tasty! I used 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice (half of what the recipe called for) and I thought it was too overbearing. Use 1/4 teaspoon and I bet it's perfect!

    ReplyDelete