However...if you do decide to make these, don't expect them to taste like granola bars. They are eggy and moist, kind of like cold oatmeal. Man, I'm really selling these aren't I? I swear, they taste delicious!
Blueberry-Apple Oatmeal Bars
2 1/2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
1/2 cup dark brown sugar
3/4 cup dried blueberries
1 apple, cored and chopped
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp. ground ginger
1 tsp. salt
3 cups milk
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350. Lightly spray the baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
2. In a large bowl, combine the oats, brown sugar, blueberries, chopped apple, cinnamon, ginger, and salt. Mix well.
3. Beat the eggs thoroughly in a separate bowl. Whisk in the milk and vanilla, then pour into the oat mixture and stir until combined.
4. Pour the mixture into the baking dish, spreading out the oats and fruit as necessary so that they are evenly distributed. Bake for 55 to 60 minutes, until the center is set and firm to the touch.
5. Let cool for at least 10 minutes on a rack before slicing and serving. Refrigerate or freeze leftovers.
* These can be frozen in individually wrapped slices. Put a slice in the fridge to thaw over night, or microwave a frozen slice for 30 seconds in the morning to warm it up. Also, you can experiment with the fruits.